ASSALAAMU ALAIKUM (GREETINGS OF PEACE)
The Islamic Foundation North (IFN) is extremely grateful to Almighty Allah (SWT) for the religious liberty He (SWT) has bestowed upon us. We seek His (SWT) blessings for our endeavors to maintain a representative organization, which will provide an opportunity and services for the fullest religious and educational development of an individual and the Muslim community.
Feel free to browse the website for the information you are looking for and for a general overview of IFN, download or view the recent annual reports.
IFN 2014 Annual Report.pdf
Alhamdulillah, The Islamic Foundation North (IFN) masjid opened July 2, 2004!
IFN was established in 1977 in the northern suburbs of Chicago to fulfill the Muslim community's religious, social, and cultural needs. The Foundation had a modest beginning. It started in the community center of the Naval Base in Great Lakes. As the community grew, it later moved into bigger rented facilities in Grayslake and Libertyville.
Since its inception, IFN offered a wide spectrum of services to the Muslim community of northern suburbs and southeast Wisconsin. Today, IFN is one of the most active and leading Islamic centers in the Chicagoland area, specifically Lake County. IFN has been involved in interfaith dialogue with different religious groups including Christians and Jews to foster a better understanding between various ethnic groups.
- To establish and maintain facilities for the practice of religion of Islam in accordance with the teachings of The Holy Quran and Sunnah.
- To establish and maintain facilities for the educational and social activities in accordance with the teachings of The Holy Quran and Sunnah, as defined by recognized schools and scholars of Ahlal-e-Sunnah and Jammah.
- To carry on religious, social, civic, charitable, literary, athletic, scientific research, and other Islamic activities, pertaining to the realization of Islam as a complete way of life.
- To strengthen fraternal bonds and brotherly relations among Muslims.
- To further cooperation with the existing Muslim organizations.
- To promote friendly relations and understanding between Muslims and non-Muslims.
- To present Islam to the followers of other faiths.
- To receive, hold, invest, and disburse monies and properties or the income thereof which may be vested in or entrusted to the care of the said Foundation whether by donations, gift grant, bequest, devise, or otherwise for the furtherance of the aims and/objectives of the Foundation.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, the objectives of the Foundation will be exclusively religious, educational, and charitable within the meaning as defined in section 501(cX3) of the Internal Revenue Code of the United States of America.
Note: All work is done by volunteers. Assistance is needed in several areas, such as, lawn maintenance, food service, cleaning service, building/maintenance, website maintenance, fundraising events, school activities, social activities, etc. For volunteering, please send an email message using this website or fill out the volunteer form and submit to the Office at IFN.